REFINED ELEGANCE WITH HAMPTONS & EARLY COLONIAL STYLE ARCHITECTURE (nearly 600 sqm COVERAGE on 1247sqm!)Built 2008 and substantially refurbished in 2015, this magnificent executive family residence incorporates a build area covering nearly 600sqm of its massive 1257 sqm block size. Impeccably styled and showcasing the best of Guildford with a true blend of Australian Colonial Architecture and the early romantic revival era of New England.
Showcasing impressively wide verandahs and the opulence of an original C1910 feature leadlight entry plus an abundance of exquisite leadlight windows. An elegant Entry Hallway features ornate corbelled arches, decorative cornices, high ceilings and jarrah floors. The magnificent long hallway opens to extraordinary living/dining with soaring vaulted ceilings and features breath-taking Egyptian glass doors and high dormer windows to the rear.
Impeccable features continue throughout including an English Schreiber kitchen, magnificent fireplaces, luxuriously appointed bedrooms & bathrooms, below-ground swimming pool, substantial garage/workshop and sports activity court.
Perfectly positioned in the heart of Guildford's rich heritage precinct with rear-access gate backing onto the Helena River parklands/Helena River and just minutes walking to prestigious Guildford Grammar Private School (Co-educational Kindy-Y12). Easy walking to the train, Swan & Helena rivers, cafes and restaurants.
This is an exclusive one-off opportunity to own a completed family home capturing the true essence and traditional features of yesteryear for today's modern family.
• FORMAL SITTING: Georgian style formal with decorative fireplace and window seat with under seat storage.
• FAMILY LIVING & DINING: New England Hamptons style tongue & groove vaulted ceiling with chandeliers. Original pine French doors from Egypt to rear verandah with original pressed glass inserts. American gas regency convention fire. Imported English Schreiber kitchen, AGA rangemaster cookers with 6 gas burners, 2 ovens and separate grills, Belfast sink, gooseneck taps, large pantry and appliance cupboard, Bosch integrated dishwasher and island bench with under-bench storage.
• OFFICE: Large open plan workstation/office area for 4 people.
• BEDROOMS: 4-5 superbly appointed bedrooms (upstairs used as Bed 5). Bedrooms feature plush sisal/wool blend carpets, luxury Ensuite to Main Bedroom. Magnificent Georgian style window seat (with underseat storage) to front bedroom
• BATHROOMS: 2 bathrooms and 3 toilets with Kohler bubble-jet massage baths to both bathrooms, heated towel rail to master Ensuite, bevel edge mirrors, Italiano composite stone-tops with inlay of mother-of-pearl, travertine ceramic tiles and spacious showers with large roses.
• LAUNDRY: Superbly appointed with Italiano composite stone top with inlay mother-of-pearl and Belfast sink.
• UPSTAIRS: TEENAGER RETREAT/ MOVIE ROOM: Currently used as Bed 5
• Under-stair coat and boot storage
• Fully ducted R/C A/C to all bedrooms & front formal lounge.
• Energy-efficient downlighting throughout.
• 1247sqm rear access to Helena River parklands
• Major refurbishment in 2015 capturing a total build area covering 596 sqm
• Front feature fencing & electric security gate
• Rear timber verandah with Hunter Maribel fans
• Unique Freeform 10m concrete soft liner pool & European paving
• Poolside dedicated home office & gym
• Sports activity court for teenagers with hit-up wall/basketball key & professional hoop with black link mesh fencing enclosure.
• Substantial Garaging for the car enthusiast (outlined below)
• External lighting including numerous outdoor GPO's
• Formal European style low maintenance landscaped gardens, fully reticulated with bore reticulation (submersible pump).
• Gothic feature arch separates pool and rear garden.
• Additional rear courtyard area behind home office & gym with new hard landscaping and retaining
• Garden & Pool Sheds
• 3-phase power
GARAGING FOR THE MOTOR VEHICLE ENTHUSIAST:
• 2-3 vehicle parking in secure Garage/Workshop to rear (Windsor/Merlin Roller Doors)
• 2 secure undercover Carport spaces behind roller door/electric gate
• 2-3 internal tandem driveway parking spaces available between Carport and Garage/Workshop
• 1 parking space to the rear of the Garage/Workshop
Built: 2008, Refurbished 2015
Block Size: 1247 sqm
Combined Building Coverage: Approximately 596 sqm
Garaging/Undercover Parking for up to 5 vehicles PLUS 3 driveway parking spaces (approximate)
Photos include Guildford Grammar & Chapel, Swan River & Barker's Bridge, Guildford
DISCLAIMER: Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the above, it is not guaranteed and is provided as a useful guide only and buyers shall not hold the owner or Agent accountable for any incorrect information.
- Property Type: House
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Building Size: 596sqm
- Land Size: 1,247sqm
- Toilets: 3
- Open Spaces
- Garage Spaces: 3
- Open Car Spaces: 3
- Carports: 2
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport